Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Joseph Smith's 1st Vision:Told by Porter

On the way to preschool this morning Porter said, "Mom I want to tell you a story about a boy who got lost in a forest. Do you know what his name was? It was Joseph Smith. He kneeled down in the forest and Heavenly Father and Jesus came and gave him the scriptures. Then Joseph went and told the people about the scriptures and said "The Lord Beloved". Some of the peoples didn't believe him and so he told them "The Lord Beloved" again and then some peoples did believe him."

As we drove up to Ms. Michelle's I said wow Porter that was a great story where did you learn it and he said Dad told me it during Sacrament. Now it may not be exactly how Sam told it, and it may not be gospel doctrine, but it made me feel good to know that he's been paying attention.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So stinkin' cute. It's amazing the things kids soak in. You must be doing a good job for him to be learning stuff like that.

Abby said...

That is too funny. I am very impressed he is so smart!

Ambie T. said...

How cute!

kEllY said...

He is a brilliant little boy. We might ruin that if he plays with Isaac too much!

Kimberly said...

Hey! My sissy stole my words!

Deon said...

What a CUTE family you have. I can't belive how big the boys are. I am glad you found me on here we have often wondered how things were going for you.

Emmy said...

Cute!